The consumerism of Christmas is the focus of this year’s Church Ads campaign.
In posters being displayed around the country, the wise men are shown giving expensive, trendy gifts and shepherds are wearing designer gear.
The posters state: ‘However you dress it up, Christmas starts with Christ.’ Billed as the Church’s biggest campaign yet, a radio version will also be played on some of Britain’s biggest stations.
- Hark the hurried Checkouts ring… (tithebarn.wordpress.com)
- The nativity gets updated for the modern age (sfgate.com)
- The nativity gets updated for the modern age (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- The Nativity Gets Updated for the Modern Age (abcnews.go.com)
- The teenage politics of the British Churches are summed up by their pathetic Christmas poster (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)