SMALL PRINT: WE CONDUCTED a Twitter vox pop (filtering out the many responses of people completely apathetic to the idea of giving something up for Lent) to discover what the Twitter masses will be forgoing from this Wednesday until Easter.
Rioghnach Ní Ghriogh : Fretting. It’s going to be forty days of Zen. I hope. *chews nails*
Vickey Curtis : Swearing
Lorna Bourke: Gave up Lent many Lents ago
Danielle Barron: Not religious but always give up straightening my hair. Crispy locks be damned.
Amanda Coleen: TG caption sites – bet you don’t see that answer too often. And, yeah, necromancy. Also the ‘trash’ in my diet.
Tony McGuinness: Daily mass.
Ryan John Nelson: Carrier bags. Every year I try not to use new ones in Lent and end up carrying old ones around with me like some mad bag lady.
Doug Whelan : Having or spending any legal tender.
kDamo : Ireland.
Ailbhe Malone: Fizzy drinks and crisps.
Concubhar Ó Liathain: anger, ranting etc. It’s going to be difficult!
Paul Coughlan : Just the usual, sweets and fizzy drinks.
Milene Fegan : I am giving up social media, twitter and f-in Facebook, a trusted friend is changing my password and settings, so no cheating.
Dan Leydon : Existential dread.
Aine O’Connel l: I say carbs every year. I usually last about three days.
Sarah: Organised religion.
Mark Dunne: giving up anything sugary more or less.
Conor Fuller: Family Guy. Only messing I’m far too agnostic for that!
Tim Forde : Giving up Secular Militancy for 40 days.
Gary Wynne: if Roisin Shortall has her way we will all be giving up alcohol.
B: Bread I haven’t made myself, biscuits and cakes in work.
Billie Sparks : Cursing. Really f**king hard though!
Mic Wright : Anxiety. I’m giving up anxiety for lent.
Caoimhe Ni Dhonaill: takeaway food.
Ronan Fitzgerald : celibacy.
Emily O’Callaghan: Men.
Reblogged from Irish Times Online
- Spring Is Coming…lent? (dropbop.wordpress.com)
- Q and A with Gannon campus ministry director about Lent (goerie.com)
- The best thing a Catholic can do for Lent is to go to Mass every day (catholicherald.co.uk)
- Lenten Offerings (caritasestveritas.wordpress.com)
- I’m giving up hate-reading for Lent! (sarahoverthemoon.com)
- Lent 2012 : First Sunday in Lent (lentenblockparty.wordpress.com)
- Christian Life Hacker Guide To Lent (christianlifehacker.wordpress.com)
- Lent: making it a productive time (artichokeandsweetcorn.wordpress.com)
- Lent and things I have given up in the past (lastbestwork.wordpress.com)
- About Lent (journeyofpeace.wordpress.com)