Chris Moyles has been cast as the villainous King Herod, by Andrew Lloyd Webber, for the revival of Jesus Christ Superstar.
Moyles, 38, received a personal phone call from Lord Lloyd Webber asking him to star in the rock opera, which will be staged at the O2 Arena in London’s Docklands in September before it is taken on a nationwide tour to mark its 40th anniversary.
Now there’s a bit of typecasting.
The Indpendent 16/5
- Lloyd Webber casts radio’s bad boy as Bible’s worst villain (independent.co.uk)
- Melanie C and Chris Moyles join the cast of Jesus Christ Superstar (telegraph.co.uk)
- Moyles to play Herod in Superstar (bbc.co.uk)
- Chris Moyles to star in LLoyd Webber production (itv.com)
- DJ Moyles’ stage debut as Superstar villain Herod (scotsman.com)